Quick, come up with a dinner plan ASAP! You've got a hungry, tired,
and extremely relaxed husband to provide for!
So I did what any good wife would do- I scanned to contents of our fridge for a last-minute dinner plan... and this masterpiece was the result.
D E C O N S T R U C T E D B A C O N C H E E S E B U R G E R :: yum
1 lb. Groud Beef
1/2 Cup Crumbled Goat Cheese
1 Piece Bacon
1 Bag Spinach
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Separate the ground beef into 4 equal sized patties. Mold an indention into the middle of 2 patties.
3. Pour Worcestershire sauce and sprinkle garlic powder on the beef, cover, and allow it to marinate in the fridge for 30 min. to an hour.
4. In the meantime, cook the bacon (I cooked 3 pieces. 2 were an Hors' duvres for the hungry hubby. for wife points, you may want to do the same) in a medium sized oven-proof skillet (I cast iron is the best).
5. Set bacon aside and cut into small pieces.
6. Pull patties out of the fridge and fill to two indented ones with goat cheese and bacon.
7. Mold together the filled patties with plane patties so that 2 large patties with cheese/bacon filling are formed.
8. In the same skillet, sear the beef on medium-high for a couple minutes per side. If you patties are very thick like mine were, sear them on medium heat with a lid.
9. When both sides of your patties are brown with a good bit of char, set the whole skillet into the oven to cook for another 5-10 minutes depending on the thickness of your burgers and taste preference.
10. Fin! Serve with wilted spinach, tomato slices, and a biscuit for a truly "deconstructed" burger. Bon Appetite!
And now for the best part of the day :: P I N K I N S P I R A T I O N ::